Thursday, March 2, 2017

I HEARD A ROAR - #50 Precious Words Challenge


I'm finding that writing contests are a great way to get inspired! So here's my entry in Vivian Kirkfield's

#50 PRECIOUS WORDS WRITING CHALLENGE



In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday, Vivian is having us write a story using only 50 words, unlike Dr. Seuss who used limited words over and over again. Get it? Two different approaches to a fun writing prompt that I suggest you try!

So here's mine, inspired by what I do a my job all the time - try to entice young readers! Whether it's getting the shy one to come to storytime, or getting new readers to challenge themselves in a new genre, I spend a lot of time connecting kids with books. It's my passion! Thanks for reading!

I Heard a Roar

Mama said, story time?

No.

It’ll be fun.

No.

You’re friends are going in-

I watched them run to the door.  I stayed near Mama.

 She might read one you’ll like?

Lions?

Maybe dinosaurs, boats?

You read.

I’ll be right here.

I walked to the door. I heard a roar.


20 comments:

  1. Awww, a shy child overcomes their fear. This is really cute Eileen! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Connecting kids to reading is a worthwhile cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job capturing that moment when a story outweighs the need to hold tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Eileen. I'm thrilled she found her roar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivian, it was fun to write with a 50-word limit!

      Delete
  5. These are 50 perfect words. I loved it. Reminds me of me (I was a preschool dropout) Thanks for sharing this precious story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll need to use this when getting my son to read. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I'm glad the child took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking that first brave step can be difficult, but then ... excitement is a great draw card. Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always hard to leave mom. MC was brave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done. I was the painfully shy little one who usually would refuse to go in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to watch those shy ones grow up and find their voices!

      Delete